Monday, March 18, 2013

Response from Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter Regarding The SAFE Act H.R.1094


I recently wrote my Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter asking for her support and cosponsorship of the SAFE Act - H.R. 1094.  I am happy to say that she will be cosponsoring the bill and will vote against horse slaughter.  YAY!!  Below is the letter I got.


Please contact your legislators and ask them to cosponsor SAFE - the Safeguard American Food Exports (H.R.1094/S.541).  Here are the links to find your legislators and get their contact information:


US SENATE CONTACT INFORMATION

I will fight until we have won for the horses!!  ~Declan







Dear Mr. Gregg,

Thank you for contacting me about your support for H.R. 1094, the Safeguard American Food Exports (SAFE) Act.
I share your concerns about protecting our nation's horses.  That is why I am proud to be a cosponsor of H.R. 1094. This legislation would prohibit the transport or sale of horses for the purpose of human consumption.  The SAFE Act was introduced by Congressman Patrick Meehan on March 12, 2013, and has been referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, and the House Committee on Agriculture.  While I am not a member of either of these committees, I look forward to supporting this legislation if it comes to a vote in the House of Representatives.
To learn about current legislation or about my voting record, I invite you to visit the Library of Congress legislative information website (www.thomas.gov). There, you can find the full text of a bill or a summary, who introduced it and when, who is cosponsoring it, and where it is in the legislative process. I also invite you to visit my website (http://shea-porter.house.gov) for more information about bills that I have introduced or cosponsored, and for issue updates, position statements, or to sign up for my email newsletter. You can also connect with me by visiting my official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/RepSheaPorter) and Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/RepSheaPorter).

Thank you again for contacting my office. It is a privilege to serve you in Washington.
Sincerely,
Carol Shea-PorterMember of Congress


2 comments:

  1. Congrats DeClan, we are so proud of you and your accomplishments. I think that we will accomplish this, and your help is necessary. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your dedication to our horses.... It's wonderful to see, we will keep pushing until we win for us as human beings and of course our ICON of HORSES!!!! Thank's :)

    ReplyDelete