Sunday, December 16, 2012

Boy Continues to Aid Horses at the New Hampshire SPCA


I still can't believe how generous people have been in trying to help me reach my goal for Scarlet!   And it makes me very happy to be able to help Troy now too!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  I have raised $1047 so far and I am trying to reach $1200.  I really need your continued help to reach my goal.  Please use my ChipIn to remember the horses at the New Hampshire SPCA this year at Christmas and help me be their Adoption Angel!  It would be incredible if I could exceed my goal again and help even more horses!!  ~Declan

** We will be covering any and all fees charged by ChipIn and/or PayPal so that 100% of the money raised goes directly to the horses!! **

Declan and Scarlet

Boy continues to aid horses at NHSPCA

By Andrea Bulfinch
abulfinch@fosters.com
                                               
Sunday, December 16, 2012  As posted on Foster's Daily Democrat



Photo Credit: Tammy Hardy
STRATHAM — Having met and exceeded his goal of raising $600 to help Scarlet the horse at the New Hampshire Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Stratham, 10-year-old Declan Gregg will use the extra money gained through donations to help Scarlet’s brother, Troy.

Declan’s mother Stacie informed Foster’s of her son’s progress as he continues his efforts to not only help the horses being cared for at NHSPCA, but also against cruelty toward the animals.

“My ChipIn is open through the end of the year, and since I exceeded my goal for Scarlet, I am sure you are wondering where the extra money will be going and what I am up to next,” he wrote. “Well, I’m going to keep it in the family! Scarlet has a super cute brother named Troy, who also lives at the New Hampshire SPCA and I want to help him get the care he needs too.” 


On his blog http://children4horses.blogspot.com, Declan shared the news of having exceeded his goal of $600 by $147 through donations that came through his PayPal account directly, or that were called in to the New Hampshire SPCA.

Online, Declan, who has been named ASPCA’s Humane Kid of the Year, established a “ChipIn” where people can opt to help his cause. He told Foster’s about his efforts and wanting to get other children his age involved in the “Adoption Angels” program on Dec. 7 while visiting Scarlet in Stratham.

“I want to have a goal of 20 kids to come down here to be Adoption Angels,” he said that day.

Since he and his family cannot take Scarlet and Troy home and provide the proper care for the equines, the next best thing, he decided, is helping get them the best care possible at the shelter. 

Declan previously stated that he wants to make sure Scarlet, is “in good hands” when she finally leaves the SPCA. Through his continued work, that outcome will be true for Troy as well. 


Cowboy Troy


No comments:

Post a Comment