Thursday, April 19, 2012

New H.R. 2966 Co-Sponsor!!!


I am VERY happy and excited to let you all know that we have a new sponsor for H.R. 2966, the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act!!!

Congressman Frank Guinta called me two nights ago because he wanted me to be the first to know that he is co-sponsoring H.R. 2966 and that my advocacy work for the horses had made a difference in his decision.  I am SOOOOOO happy for the horses!

This is really important for many reasons.  We haven't had a co-sponsor since February and now Congressman Guinta is number 161!  I am hoping that he will talk to other legislators and ask them to co-sponsor the Bill too.  We really need everyone's help on this!

I also want to let everyone know that I will be going back to Washington DC next week to continue to lobby against horse slaughter.  I have been invited by the ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), to go back for the "Horses on the Hill" event they are holding along with the HSUS (Humane Society of the United States), and the AWI (Animal Welfare Institute).  I am hoping I can talk to a lot of other legislators to tell them we need to ban horse slaughter and protect America's horses FOREVER!!  They also need to know that horses should be protected from transport to Mexico and Canada for slaughter and that is what H.R. 2966 and S.1176 will do.

I have an appointment set up with Congressman Guinta on Tuesday, so that I can personally thank him for his co-sponsorship and I plan on asking him to talk to other legislators about the Bill so we can get more so-sponsors from both the House and the Senate.

Don't forget that Children 4 Horses is on Facebook and that you can get lots of great information there as well. www.facebook.com/children4horses

Don't give up fighting for our horses!!  They are the heart and soul of America!!

~Declan

No comments:

Post a Comment