Friday, July 20, 2012

Horse Rescued After Fall into Septic Tank


I am so thankful for all the people who help save horses and all the other animals when they are trapped.  They risk their safety for the animals and they are angels! ~Declan

 

Horse rescued after falling into septic tank



by Tiffany Craig / KHOU 11 News & KHOU 11 News
khou.com Posted on July 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Updated yesterday at 10:32 PM






MONTGOMERY COUNTY – A horse had to be rescued after falling into a septic tank in Montgomery County Thursday.
Mary Baer went out to feed her horse, but there was no sign of him. She followed his tracks and found him stuck in the tank near the 35000 block of Overlook.
"I was freaking out. I called my mom and told her ‘we found him’ and I was just trying to keep him calm," Baer said.
The neighbor’s tank is no longer being used but it was filled with dirty water.
More than a dozen neighbors, Magnolia firefighters and Precinct 5 deputies turned out to help rescue Trigger.
Two men got inside the tank and wrapped hoses around the horse.
"We had about six guys on one hose and five guys on the strap where we heave-hoed and pulled him out," rescuer Jacob Sample said.
About half an hour later, they lifted him out.
"I can wash off," Sample said. "The horse is stuck. It’s his life or me getting dirty, you get the horse out."
Trigger was scratched up, but otherwise appeared to be OK.
Baer has had Trigger since she was 7. She’s 18 now and the horse is 22.
"If I had a child, this would be my baby. He’s my everything," Baer said. "I love this horse."
The two have been competing in rodeos together and winning awards for years.




1 comment: